Sunday, August 10, 2008

That maturation of all things!


Though the heat of summer persists, the shadow of autumn casts its figure on the evening light.

For as far back as I can recall, the change from summer to fall has had some strange, nostalgic value for me. I don't know if it's the slow decrease in hours of light, or the decline in presence of chlorophyll in the Utah foliage; but I've always felt like a strange passenger on some cherubic voyage.

Paint me crazy, but I enjoy the cool, autumn breeze and the bright myriad of colors that subtly begin manifesting on the barbarous slopes of the ever-vigilant, wasatch sentinels; until reaching the nirvana of absolute illumination.

The baby is growing. J is finished. She's had enough! We are ready for Gracie to wake us up at night and return to some semblance of normalcy in our humble abode.

My wife, the ultimate trooper! I admire her ability to function.

No comments: