Sunday, August 17, 2008

Returned to Mckay....

Well, at about 3:00 p.m. today, J decided it was time to call her Doc., and see if she should come back (her ankles had swollen significantly and her vision was becoming blurred, and, as she put it, she was seeing spots). The hospital said: yes, time to return to the "homeland." I had anticipated this reality, because, throughout the day, she was falling asleep sitting up and she was content to just keep her feet up (for the most part and in comparison to her normal self).

Her blood pressure was escalated at aprox. 185/105 when we arrived; Travis and Shaylee came with us. At that point I assumed we weren't leaving Mckay until after the delivery (Gracie is 6-7 weeks early). Family has come and gone. Tears have been shed. I asked the charge nurse of the NICU if I would be able to hold Gracie when she came out; unfortunately, that's not possible. I will once she is stable, though.

J has foreshadowed about an early delivery, but tried to reassure us Gracie wouldn't be going to the NICU. For the most part Jennie, as per usual, has tremendous forsight/insight; but, this time her matter-of-fact statement was more hope than any inner, profound acumen. J, having worked at Primary Children's understands the difficulty of any kind of infant intensive care and with that kind of personal understanding, she might have exchanged her insight with hope, understandably.

Gracie will likely stay in the NICU for 4 weeks. I know we are in the Lord's hands, and I have confidence in the outcome.

My computer is wiggin' out, so I must sign off!

I love you, Gracie. I hope when you are old enough you can appreciate all your mom has already done for you. She is the best kind of person there is, and she will always be there for you.

1 comment:

GT said...

I have read each of your additions since June and you did a great job of describing the ongoing pregnancy saga which will come to a close in the next few hours with a healthy Jennie and Gracie.